Defense Attorney's Commandments
1. Thou shall remember you don't have speak with police, investigators, or prosecutors without an attorney present. As tempting as it may be to tell your side of the story, it often comes back to hurt you in the end.
2. If taken to jail, thou shall not discuss your case with other inmates.
3. Thou shall not discuss your case on jail calls or video visits; believe it or not, investigators watch every single one, and will use your statements against you.
4. If pulled over for a traffic violation, thou shall not consent to have your vehicle searched.
5. Thou shall remember, if you are pulled over for suspicion of DUI, you have the ability to refuse the roadside breath test, the station-house breath test, and the roadside field sobriety tests. Consequences of refusal, including license suspension, can be fought similar to a DUI.
Legal Articles Additional Disclaimer