CALIFORNIA UBER ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Summary: The insurance claims process after a car accident can be overwhelming for anyone. If you have been in an accident involving an Uber, the claims process can be even more complicated by the addition of another company and its army of lawyers. At Deldar Legal, our experienced California Uber accident lawyers handle cases in Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Jose. Call (844) 335-3271 today to schedule your free consultation. Don’t deal with the insurance company on your own – get an experienced personal injury attorney on your side.
CALIFORNIA UBER ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Experienced Uber Accident Lawyers In California Helping Victims Recover Compensation
The insurance claims process after a car accident can be overwhelming for anyone. If you have been in an accident involving an Uber, the claims process can be even more complicated by the addition of another company and its army of lawyers. At Deldar Legal, our experienced California Uber accident lawyers handle cases in Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Jose. Call (844) 335-3271 today to schedule your free consultation. Don’t deal with the insurance company on your own – get an experienced personal injury attorney on your side.
New Technologies Create New Legal Issues
As is often the case with new technologies, the existence of Uber has created new legal issues. Some of these issues can be addressed by existing personal injury law. Some of them are being battled in the courts, and others will be resolved by changes to state law. No injury victim could be expected to understand all these legal issues. Even many personal injury attorneys do not fully understand the implications of changing case law and statutes surrounding rideshare liability. This is why it is important for Uber accident victims to hire an experienced Riverside Uber accident attorney – someone who has handled rideshare cases and knows how to protect the injury victim’s legal rights.
What Should I Do After An Uber Accident?
Any auto accident is a frightening and overwhelming experience. When an Uber is involved, it can be even more difficult to know what to do. Follow these steps after an Uber accident:
- Get any necessary medical attention. If you are able to do so, determine whether any other accident victims need immediate medical attention.
- Once you have attended to any immediate medical needs, speak with law enforcement officers who respond to the scene. They will ask for your contact information. They will also take your statement about what happened. Be sure to ask how you can get a copy of the police report once it is available. (This will take at least a couple of days.)
- If you are the passenger who ordered the Uber, save the ride data in your Uber app. Screenshot information about the driver and vehicle. If you were not in the Uber (for example, if you were the other driver or a pedestrian struck by the Uber), you should take a photo of the Uber’s license plate. Officers will also facilitate the exchange of the Uber driver’s insurance information.
- Take photos of the scene. Be sure to include the damage to all vehicles. You should also get photos that give a general sense of the accident scene (for example, the Uber in a sidewalk, or collided with a utility pole).
- Consult with an Uber accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your legal rights can be impacted by any statement you make about the accident. This includes statements you make on the scene, posts to social media, and phone calls with claims adjusters. A personal injury attorney can help you know what to say (and more importantly, not say). Hiring an attorney gives you another important protection: as soon as the insurance companies are notified that you have an attorney, they cannot contact you about the accident. All communications must be made through your attorney. This reduces both the risk of making a statement that harms your case and also the inconvenience of dealing with an insurance adjuster who is trying to devalue your claim.
- Document your injuries. Photograph your bruises, broken bones, stitches, and other physical evidence. You should also keep a journal to document the ways in which you are impacted by your injuries. Document your pain. Document times you cannot sleep, cannot participate in your daily activities, or are otherwise affected by your injuries. Keep track of your doctor’s appointments and other travel-related to your injuries.
Who Can Be Compensated For An Uber Accident?
An Uber accident can involve many different injury victims. This can include:
- Rideshare passengers
- Uber drivers who are struck by another negligent driver
- Pedestrians or bicyclists who are struck by an Uber driver
- Drivers and passengers of vehicles struck by a negligent Uber driver
The general rule is that an injury victim has the right to be compensated by the person whose negligence caused the injuries. So even if an Uber is involved in an accident, the Uber driver might not be at fault for causing the accident. Another driver could be at fault. A third party could even be at fault: if, for example, the accident was caused by faulty brakes on the Uber vehicle, the auto manufacturer could be liable for the accident. The injury victims would then seek compensation from the manufacturer.
The question of who is “at fault” (liable) for causing an accident can be a complicated one. When more parties are involved, it is easier for each insurance company to try to shift the blame to another. This is yet another reason it is so important for injury victims to be represented by an experienced Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer. A skilled attorney will be able to prove who was at fault for causing your injuries. He or she will also be able to prove the many losses you have suffered as a direct result of those injuries, and what compensation you are owed. This is the best way to protect your legal right to compensation after an Uber accident.
Call Deldar Legal Today To Schedule A Free Case Evaluation With A California Uber Accident Attorney
Insurance companies and large corporations like Uber hire many lawyers to protect them from legal liability. Claims adjusters are trained to offer as little as possible to settle as few claims as possible. None of these people are working for accident victims. Uber accident victims need their own attorneys fighting to protect their legal right to be compensated for their injuries. The experienced California Uber accident attorneys at Deldar Legal can help you fight lowball offers and other insurance company tactics. Schedule your free consultation today by calling (844) 335-3271 or contacting us online. The sooner you call, the better protected your legal rights will be.
Find more of our accident articles below!
Slip and Fall
Legal Articles Additional Disclaimer